Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Debate

Well, we're all done with debate this year. Last weekend's tournament went really well--we didn't quite qualify, but still did great. We were the only team to win all our 6 preliminary rounds, just barely losing in quarter-finals. I got 7th place speaker out of 54, and D & I got 5th place team out of 27. It's such a relief to be done. :)

Oh, Christopher and I got our first taste of square-dancing (they held one at the school we debated at). As long as you have someone who knows what they're doing, it's a lot of fun--especially with about 40-50 people in a huge gym! Dad posted about all this on the family blog as well. Have a nice day people!!

6 comments:

chelsea said...

You'll have to teach us all how to square dance when we start up the dance practice for the ball this summer. :-) I've always wanted to learn how to square dance!

Benjamin said...

Uh, if I taught ya'll it would probably end up more like a quadralateral dance or something...;) It'd be better to get someone who really knows what they're doing. BTW, that square dance hall out near the horse show/rodeo place on 503 does lessons on Monday nights at 7. Not sure if they're accepting new people though... Ya, it's a blast!

Hannahlee said...

Hey, that's so great about the dancing and debating! I'm not sure I understand all of this debating stuff, but I think I got it straight. Silly me. ;D And you got 7th best speaker; go Benj!! Square dancing looks and sounds really fun (from what you and your dad said and the pics ;))!

chelsea said...

Yeah, mrs. Smith said that she and her daughters once took lessons at that place. She said it was alot of fun. Looks fun to me! Hey, I got an idea--you go take lessons Benj, and then you can teach the rest of us who are too poor to afford lessons! :-D

Benjamin said...

You seem to have forgotten that I'm pennyless too :) Actually, I think it might be free, but don't quote me on that. Ya, it would be fun though.

chelsea said...

Oh yeah, right... It's that whole poor struggling artist thing, huh? I'm right with ya! ;-)