Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Portraits

Several days ago I was experimenting with a variety of different lenses on my camera, and had no trouble finding some cute, cheerful faces to photograph. Christianna (our youngest) can be quite a character when she feels she is in the spotlight of attention, and the same holds true when a camera is pointed her direction. This particular evening she was fond of giving me "the lip" whenever I snuck up on her, but she did eventually deliver some real smiles once I got her to pose.



There's no flash in most these shots, mostly because Christianna has an incredible talent for blinking EVERY SINGLE TIME a flash fires. I did manage to catch her unawares in this one.

Christianna

Rebecca

Katrina


Dad, Mom and Grandma B. got us a really nice mahogany hammered dulcimer made by Dusty Strings (a Seattle-based company). It's a little tricky to get the right touch and keep a consistent rhythm, but because our instrument is different from other dulcimers in that it's modeled more after the scale structure of a piano (which most of us play), it is easier to catch on. This was really a neat gift, and is sure to add a whole new flavor to the musical pursuits of our family.

I have more posts and pictures on the way, so check back soon. Merry Christmas to you all, and may God bless you in the coming year!

No comments: