Monday, January 28, 2008

Chopin and Coffee: How To Banish Stage Fright Forever

That's right my friends, the solution was so simple all along, under our very noses, but now it's official. You can overcome nervousness at the keyboard by sipping a latte.


Studies have recently provided strong evidence which supports the theory long held by many psychologists, that peace of mind in a stressful environment can be achieved by a familiar taste, scent or feeling which one mentally associates with tranquility and solitude.*

I was euphoric! Finally, the best of both worlds. Chopin and a pumpkin spice latte. :)

From now on a run by Starbucks on the way to a performance is mandatory.

*Please note, I am not nor do I claim to be a certified psychologist or expert in the field of pianophoebia. I cannot vouch for the accuracy or veracity of these studies...but I sure like 'em! This technique is most effective for the fast-and-furious pianist who needs the extra attack and vigor provided by a double shot of caffeine.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

So this is what I've been looking for, when those nerve wracking recitals come around!:)

Stephen Bittner said...

Wow! What a multi-tasker! I'm thinking that I will have to try out this brilliant new idea - a must-have for Rachmaninoff pieces, to be sure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's hilarious!! You look so serious. I would have been laughing if someone was taking pics of me. :D HAHA! Well, thanks for the laugh!