Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yet More Photos



These were shot the other day with my new 24-105 f4L lens. Some friends and I were out at the park talking about how to use the 7D for video work, and as we walked back found that the evening lighting was just about perfect for some stills.

By the way, these were run through some minimal processing in Lightroom 3 (Beta 2), but the sun-flare affect was achieved by using a higher-than-normal aperture setting. I don't have the EXIF data on hand, but I think these were shot at f22. When the aperture blades are closed that far it will cause a nice flare affect around any strong point of light in the image (it works best when the sun is in the shot - for other light source a star filter is recommended).

1 comment:

Jonathan Berkompas said...

I love the top photo--that is just gorgeous. It almost looks Middle-Earth-ish because of the fantastical colors. :-)