Sunday, June 20, 2010

Medieval Festival

Last Saturday, some friends hosted a "medieval festival," where most everybody came dressed up and got to enjoy the debut of a massive 30' tall trebuchet, archery competition, sword bouts, a whole roasted pig, short messages on medieval warfare and chivalry and more!

I wasn't able to come in costume, but that's fine because it would have presented a kind of conflicting image don't you think? A guy in his tunic or baggy trousers with a sword on his belt and his trusty, period Canon 7D in his hand... ;)

I had a blast, and I know everyone else had a great time too. Enjoy the photos. Later on I'm hoping to put together a short film using the various clips I shot during the evening. You'll get to see the trebuchet fire, some very spunky young ladies tear into a poor pinata with a plastic sword, boys practice their archery and more!

1 comment:

Jonathan Berkompas said...

Hey Benj, your RSS feed must be broken or something because I didn't see this post until I actually went to your blog site. These photos were really great! I especially like the ones of the chef preparing the roast pig.