Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wow!

Last weekend's debate tournament up in Bellevue went great. I won't bore you with too many details, but Daniel and I scored a 5/1 win/loss record in the preliminary rounds--the best anyone in our family has ever done! We got to semi-finals and just barely lost. The two rounds we lost were with the finalists. D+I got 3rd place team, and I was 3rd place speaker out of 24 people--that one sure took me by surprise! Check out the family blog for Dad's update (w. pictures). The church building we competed in was huge, complete with a "Worship Center," "Youth Center" (w. drums and soundboard ;) and TONS of classrooms--I'll have to post some pics later. Even though it's taxing and nerveracking, debate can be very rewarding.

In case you're wondering, we didn't qualify for Nationals, but hope to in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go B. boys!! :):):)

Benjamin Berkompas said...

Thanks. C+J said that they went 5/1 once, so we're not the only Berkompas team to do that.