Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Denial

"Denial" - The act of denying oneself something which "oneself" greatly desires.

Coffee - Since I finished my Christmas Starbucks blend, I have not had any coffee. Not a drop. It's been about 1.5 weeks now. Why, you ask? First of all to prove that I can, and secondly because tea is almost as good.

Candy - NO MORE. The "Candy Age" is over. Why? Because it makes me feel sick, and makes my face break out.

Soda - That's out too.

Now that I'm eating the "healthy stuff" pretty much exclusively, and feel great almost all of the time, why is it that I still crave all the "bad stuff?" After all, I used to live off candy and donuts. Why can't I do that now?

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I'm trying not to border on legalism here, but I think that passage might just have something to do with how we take care of ourselves. How we eat. What activities we do. Am I right?

4 comments:

Lydia vonderLuft said...

Of course you're right! Sugar is evil. While you're cutting out candy, cut out dessert as well! It depresses the immune system which is why it makes you more prone to acne as well as all other sicknesses. (Okay, once in a blue moon is fine I guess->Prov.24:13)

And then things like synthetic sugars (Splenda, Aspartame, etc) and chemically treated and genetically engineered food mess up your cells, making you more susceptible to cancer.

Btw, a good (healthy) remedy for acne is *cough* fermented cod liver oil. Seriously. It completely took care of mine. It works by boosting your immune system so that your body will successfully (and naturally) combat the bacteria that causes acne. I'm sure your family will be more than happy to send you up a bottle along with many messages about its delicious flavor. ;) (Pardon my tongue-in-cheek tone as well as my "over-enthusiasm"--this is a subject I love to rant on.)

Bethany said...

I haven't had coffee in 2 months and 2 weeks. :-P
I would never, ever say sugar is evil, but it certainly is a treat meant for every once in awhile. :-)

Enjoyed look at your blog

Lydia vonderLuft said...

I agree, Bethany, obviously sugar cannot be inherently evil since God created it. I was saying that merely for hyperbolical effect. ;)

AndraLea Rose said...

Well, congratulations. To have that kind of conviction really helps with the self-discipline aspect.

I'm glad you feel that way about tea. I don't think I've ever had a full cup of coffee, and what I tried made me feel sick because it was too sweet and creamy. :) Now I just have to get over having sugar in my tea, which is like a milestone for me.

By the way, Daniel told me yesterday that he is the reason you got rid of the music on your blog, and I told him I was disappointed. For what it's worth, I really enjoyed listening to your playlist.