Friday, January 29, 2010

Tomorrow's Photo of the Day

"Light and Shadow"
50mm, f4.5, 1/60, Canon 7D, processed in Lightroom

You're probably asking, "How do you post a 'photo of the day' before that particular day has even happened? Good question...

Well, never you mind. It just so happens that I took some neat shots tonight that couldn't wait until tomorrow!

Having been by these mansions on Ivy Lane quite a bit lately, I knew to expect good evening light around 5:30 p.m. - perfect timing since I get off work at 5:00. This evening the light was truly spectacular. I wish this JPEG could display the depth of color that was in the original shot, because even with minimal editing the golden evening light was incredibly striking.

I even had one lady walk by with her dog and ask, "Are they selling the house?" I should have said, "Yeah, and I'm buying it!"

3 comments:

Benjamin Berkompas said...

I was just comparing this version with the original in Lightroom, and the difference is like night and day!

Just be aware that this jpeg IN NO WAY communicates the depth of color in the original shot... :(

But it's still pretty nice.

Jonathan Berkompas said...

Love it Benj... I'd buy that house for sure. Sometime you should try and get a close up of brick and ivy in that evening light. Of course, it might be difficult to get it without trespassing... ;-)

I also love the last one... it reminded me of the Secret Garden.

Chels

JessicaCynthia said...

Nice posts! Your camera takes REALLY good pictures! I would like to get one some day.
Jessica